Gonzalez Consulting Group can support organizations through a variety of consulting services, including:
· All-staff retreats and workshops
· Small group or team-specific sessions
· Leadership team retreats
· Affinity groups
Facilitated half-day retreat for Los Abogados, and the Arizona House Democratic Caucus.
Facilitated half-day meeting with Vitalyst Health Foundation staff to further apply Race, Equity and Inclusion within their work.
Board Development and Board Governance:
· Building board members as ambassadors of the agency
· Developing board member description and board matrix to inform board
· Identifying the skills, behaviors, and diversity necessary to carry out good
· Developing a board member recruitment and nomination process and
Developed board governance materials, including a board member job description, board matrix, and board member recruitment and nomination process for Living United for Change in Arizona and Arizona Center for Empowerment.
· Designing and facilitating the various elements of the planning process
· Securing input from diverse stakeholders through focus groups, key
informant interviews, and surveys
· Identifying and helping to compile information that informs the planning
· Designing and facilitating the decision-making process, typically some
form of retreat
· Drafting overall directions and goals
· Working with your leadership to define strategies and time frames
· Writing the plan – or editing your draft of the plan
Worked with executive director and board chair of Dougherty Education Foundation to develop a full-day strategic planning session to guide the organizations activities for three years.
· Project conception and implementation
· Project definition and planning
· Project launch and execution
· Project performance and control
Developed and implemented a community engagement framework for the Collective Impact for Child Safety and Well-Being initiative through a contract with Casey Family Programs-Arizona. This project also included developing and managing a budget, meeting reporting requirements of multiple funders and recruiting and interviewing consultants to lead other parts of this project.
· Fund Development assessment and planning for a variety of programs and
· Support in grant writing and developing strategic approaches to funders
· Board training on fund development for board members and fundraising
· Support in reaching out and presenting to funder affinity groups
· Training sessions on developing donors of color
Supported fund development activities of several Jim Casey Youth Opportunity Initiative sites, a program of Annie E. Casey Foundation.
Provided a training session on philanthropy and cultivating donors of color to Chicanos Por La Causa.
Philanthropic and Grantmaking Services:
· Interpret funder’s values, strategies and focus areas into grantmaking
· Support in establishing clear grant criteria and guidelines
· Design grantmaking process, including concepts, letter of intent and full
· Provide technical assistance to the grant seeking community to
communicate funder priorities, through one-to-one or public meetings
· Provide support in reviewing grant proposals, including the leadership,
capacity and financial standing of nonprofit organizations
· Produce memos, reports and presentations for funders on various subject
· Collect and analyze local and national philanthropic, social and economic
trends that could impact programming and priorities.
Supported the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust staff, CEO and Trustees in the responsive grantmaking process, including a redesign of the grant process.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
· Conduct DEI assessments for nonprofits and foundations
· Design and lead engagements in response to DEI assessment findings
· Implement project planning to ensure that strategic recommendations are
Our approach to DEI centers justice and community. This is not a standalone function, but rather an integrated, co-created and co-owned process.
Applied a Race, Equity, Inclusion lens with Vitalyst Health Foundation staff to inform the internal decision-making processes, budget process and operationalize REI practices with short and long-term strategies.